• $2,000 = Full Tuition: Includes all festival activities, lodging of shared hotel rooms, and Italian breakfast of a coffee and pastry each morning
• $45 = application fee
Not Covered In Tuition
Meals (lunch and dinner), airfare, passport fees, transportation to/from the festival, activities/entertainment during scheduled free periods, laundry, phone charges, supplementary maid service or incidental hotel charges/damages, any meals/hotel/transport due to airline scheduling, train strike, delays, etc. The festival will not be held responsible for providing a taxi or other shuttle to any train stations or airport. Participants should have a contingency plan in the event of a train strike or airline delay, which may prevent your timely departure from the country.
• $516 non-refundable tuition deposit due within two weeks of acceptance as notified by the festival
• Remainder balance due as notified, prior to May 1, 2020
Shared occupancy at a city-center hotel is included as part of the festival tuition. Festival accommodations are within 10-15 minutes walking distance from the conservatory. Available evenings of June 30 – July 10 only (11 nights); participants arriving before, or departing after these dates will need to make their own arrangements for additional accommodation. Participants who elect to arrange their own accommodation for the duration of the festival will be given a $300 reduction in tuition. The festival assumes no responsibility for the arrangement of off-site accommodation.
All tuition deposits of $516 reserve an individual’s participation in the festival, and are non-refundable. A refund of the remainder tuition ($1,500)–not including the original $516 deposit–will be granted only if we are able to find a suitable replacement, per the following schedule: $1,000 max refund for withdrawal up to April 10; $500 refund for withdrawal April 11 to April 30. Withdrawals May 01 and following will not be refunded any tuition. Forfeited deposit or tuition funds may be credited to attendance in a future edition/year of the festival. The festival will not be held liable for missed attendance/ participation due to delays or cancellation of travel.
Additional Application Materials
• ONE work of any instrumentation/length, for evaluation only.
email score (pdf) and midi or mp3 recording of the piece.
• live, unedited recordings of TWO solo contrasting works; any style/period.
submit recordings or links via email [mp3, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, etc).
• Video of two conducted performances; pieces should be of contrasting styles, and one must feature a modern-to-contemporary work. Links to video via YouTube, Vimeo, etc. are preferred.