July 6-16, 2022
Applications Open December 22, 2021 – March 1, 2022
- $45 = application fee
- $2,300 = Full Tuition: Includes all festival activities, lodging of shared hotel rooms, daily breakfast and lunch
Not Covered In Tuition
Dinner, airfare, passport fees, transportation to/from the festival, activities/entertainment during scheduled free periods, laundry, phone charges, supplementary maid service or incidental hotel charges/damages, any meals/hotel/transport due to airline scheduling, train strike, delays, etc. The festival will not be held responsible for providing a taxi or other shuttle to any train stations or airport. Participants should have a contingency plan in the event of a train strike or airline delay, which may prevent your timely departure from the country.
- $516 non-refundable tuition deposit due by April 1, 2022
- Remainder balance due as notified, prior to May 1, 2022
Accommodation in Bobbio is included as part of the festival tuition. Available evenings of July 6 – July 15 only (10 nights), departing on July 16th. Participants arriving before, or departing after these dates will need to make their own arrangements for additional accommodation. Participants who elect to arrange their own accommodation (room and half-board) for the duration of the festival will be given a $550 reduction in tuition. The festival assumes no responsibility for the arrangement of off-site accommodation.
Honing Your Craft
Practice facilities with pianos are available throughout the day and into early evening hours. Composers are encouraged to bring a laptop with music editing software. Each participant will receive a minimum of two private lessons and/or master classes during the festival.
The majority of participants are currently enrolled in a music degree program, through the PhD level. Recent PhD and DMA graduates are encouraged to attend. Typical age range is from 20 to 35, however participation is not limited to this age group.
All tuition deposits of $516 reserve an individual’s participation in the festival, and are non-refundable. A refund of the remainder tuition ($1,800)–not including the original $516 deposit–will be granted only if we are able to find a suitable replacement, per the following schedule: $1,000 max refund for withdrawal up to April 10; $500 refund for withdrawal April 11 to April 30. Withdrawals May 1 and following will not be refunded any tuition. Forfeited deposit or tuition funds may be credited to attendance in a future edition/year of the festival. The festival will not be held liable for missed attendance/ participation due to delays or cancellation of travel.
If we are required to cancel the festival due to public health reasons, all tuition fees will be refunded 100%.
Additional Application Materials
- ONE work of any instrumentation/length, for evaluation only. Email score (pdf) and midi or mp3 recording of the piece.
- live, unedited recordings of TWO solo contrasting works; any style/period. Submit recordings or links via email [mp3, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, etc).
- Video of two conducted performances; pieces should be of contrasting styles, and one must feature a modern-to-contemporary work. Links to video via YouTube, Vimeo, etc. are preferred.