soundSCAPE Festival: July 7-19, 2021
To be held remotely over Zoom.
April 15, 2021 (composers)
May 1, 2021 (performers)
Remote Participation Fees:
• $350 = Per Course, available only for online participants
• $800 = Full Course Access Tuition
• $45 = Application Fee
Remote Offerings: $350 per course or $800 all-inclusive
• Composer/performer collaboration: Solo piece – choice of Voice, Piano, Violin, Cello, Flute, Percussion – which can be composed for acoustic performance, or with an electronics or media component. Includes 1 coaching with composition faculty, 1 coaching with performance faculty, and post-production enhancement of the recording which will then be broadcast online and archived on soundSCAPE’s YouTube & social media. Score due at least two weeks before the festival, on June 23rd.
• Lectures/Interviews – FREE to all participants
The following remote courses have conflicting schedules. Participants can sign up either for Composition Seminar OR Performer Lessons/Masterclass. Participants may also sign up for either the Performer Technology seminar OR Video/Sound Engineering seminar.
• Lessons and group masterclass: remote students will be guaranteed 2 private lessons and at least one masterclass performance
• Composer seminar
• Special seminar on performer technology taught by Dr. Levy Lorenzo: This course will lead performers through an intensive sequence which will result in each student building their own electronic performance platform that is an extension of their main instrument. Topics will include, sound system manipulation, custom software/coding, and live-electronics techniques. Click Here for more info.
• Special seminar on video/sound engineering taught by Denis Martin: Audio and Video Production for Music is designed to take tech-savvy musicians and composers to the next level in their production abilities. Participants will receive training on the placement of a USB microphone, mobile camera, lighting, and acoustics to achieve an optimal capture of a performance. Click Here for more info.
Sample Daily Schedule:
All participants will meet together on Zoom. All times are in Eastern Time.
9:30am-11:00am 1) Composition Seminar 2) Performers lessons/masterclass
11:00am-12:30pm 2) Performer Technology Seminar 2) Audio/Video recording seminar
1:00pm-2:00pm Daily Tutti event (faculty lecture, roundtable, interviews, recitals.
• $350 non-refundable tuition deposit (payment for one course) due on April 26, 2021
• Remainder balance for courses or Full Course Access tuition due prior to May 10, 2021
All tuition deposits of $350 reserve an individual’s participation in the festival. A refund of the remaining tuition ($450)–not including the original $350 deposit–will be granted if the participant is unable to participate due to emergencies. Withdrawals on May 10th and following will not be refunded any tuition. Forfeited deposit or tuition funds may be credited to attendance in a future edition/year of the festival. The festival will not be held liable for missed attendance/participation.
Additional Application Materials
• ONE work of any instrumentation/length, for evaluation only.
email score (pdf) and midi or mp3 recording of the piece.
• live, unedited recordings of TWO solo contrasting works; any style/period.
submit recordings or links via email [mp3, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, etc).
• Video of two conducted performances; pieces should be of contrasting styles, and one must feature a modern-to-contemporary work. Links to video via YouTube, Vimeo, etc. are preferred.