Creating the Music of Tomorrow
Application Deadline is 15 February 2014.
2014 Festival Initiatives
Mini conference on the music of György Ligeti
• special guest, Lukas Ligeti
• more information on call for papers and performances can be found HERE.
Call for Pre-formed Ensembles
• 2-5 instruments or voice
• commissioned works for each ensemble
• invited recital performance at soundSCAPE
soundSCAPE is pleased to present the following new members of our artist faculty:
• Ricardo Zohn-Muldoon, Director of Composition
• Rand Steiger, 2014 Composer in Residence
• Felix Fan, cello
soundSCAPE facilitates the flowering of new music and the exchange of ideas and culture between musicians of tomorrow’s generation. Each summer in idyllic Maccagno, Italy, soundSCAPE attracts composers and performers from around the world for two weeks of concerts, lectures, master classes and workshops. The essence of the festival is process and collaboration – soundSCAPE has been the starting point for new music initiatives that have flourished long beyond the festival, all around the globe. We approach all music with open ears and a passion for making your voice heard… please join us for a celebration of new music in 2014!
Established in 2005, soundSCAPE is directed by Nathanael May.