Fees: all prices include accommodation
• $2,000 = full tuition
• $1,700 = tuition per person if applying as a performing duo
• $1,500 = tuition per person if applying as a performing ensemble (three or more players)
• $700 = guest (no tuition; concerts free)
Not Covered In Tuition
Meals, airfare, passport fees, transportation to/from the festival, activities/entertainment during scheduled free periods, laundry, phone charges, supplementary maid service, any meals/hotel/transport due to airline scheduling, train strike, delays, etc.
• $500 non-refundable tuition deposit by February 7th for composers, or subsequent date as notified by the festival. Two weeks following individual acceptance notification for performers and conductors
• remainder balance due April 30, 2017
• applicants paying full tuition will receive a $100 discount if paid in full by March 31.
Participants are housed in the Casa Emmaus; a retreat complex within five minutes walking of festival facilities and the lake. Apartments are shared (1-2 roommates) with shared bath. Available evenings of June 25 to July 7 only; participants arriving before, or departing after these dates will need to make arrangements for additional accommodation. Kitchens with cooking/eating utensils and refrigerators/ovens are included in accommodation.
All tuition deposits of $500 are non-refundable, and reserve an individual’s participation in the festival. Partial refunds of the full tuition may be granted following the April 30th deadline, given the nature of withdrawal from the festival. If we are unable to refund the tuition fee, we will offer the amount paid as credit to attendance in a future edition/year of the festival. No refunds will be granted following May 10th of each festival year.
Additional Application Materials
• ONE work of any instrumentation/length, for evaluation only.
email score (pdf) and midi or mp3 recording of the piece.
• live, unedited recordings of TWO solo contrasting works; any style/period.
submit recordings or links via email [mp3, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, etc).
• Video of two conducted performances; pieces should be of contrasting styles, and one must feature a modern-to-contemporary work. Links to video via YouTube, Vimeo, etc. are preferred.
If you experience problems submitting mp3 files to the festival email address, we suggest using a free file-sharing service, such as wetransfer.com