Fees: all prices include accommodation
• $2,000 = full tuition
• $1,700 = tuition per person if applying as a performing duo
• $1,500 = tuition per person if applying as a performing ensemble (three or more players)
• $700 = guest (no tuition; concerts free)
Not Covered In Tuition
Meals, airfare, passport fees, transportation to/from the festival, activities/entertainment during scheduled free periods, laundry, phone charges, supplementary maid service, any meals/hotel/transport due to airline scheduling, train strike, delays, etc.
• $500 non-refundable tuition deposit by January 31 or subsequent date as notified by the festival. Two weeks following individual acceptance notification for performers and conductors
• remainder of balance due as specified, prior to April 15
• refunds of the deposit/tuition will only be issued if a suitable individual can be found to take your place, at the same level of tuition, prior to April 30. The deposit/tuition can be fully applied to the next festival year should an emergency prevent you from attending this year. The deposit and tuition are non-refundable following April 30. All tuition must be paid in full by April 15.
Participants will be housed in hotels near the city center, within 5-10′ walking distance of the festival venue. In most cases, breakfast is included; however, lunch and dinner are on your own. Requests for a single room will be granted as available, and for an extra fee. 13 nights accommodation are provided, from July 8 including the final evening of July 20. Participants arriving before, or departing after these dates will need to make other arrangements.
Additional Application Materials
• ONE work of any instrumentation/length, for evaluation only.
• live, unedited recordings of TWO solo contrasting works; any style/period.
• Video of two conducted performances; pieces should be of contrasting styles, and one must feature a modern-to-contemporary work.