Fees: all prices include accommodation
• $2,000 = full tuition
• $1,700 = tuition per person if applying as a performing duo
• $1,500 = tuition per person if applying as a performing ensemble (three or more players)
• $700 = guest (no tuition; concerts free)
Not Covered In Tuition
Meals, airfare, passport fees, transportation to/from the festival, activities/entertainment during scheduled free periods, laundry, phone charges, supplementary maid service, any meals/hotel/transport due to airline scheduling, train strike, delays, etc.
• $500 non-refundable deposit by February 7 for composers, March 26 for performers & conductors (or as notified by the festival).
• remainder of balance due March 10 for composers, April 15 for performers/conductors
• refund of the tuition (minus the $500 deposit) will only be issued if a suitable individual can be found to take your place, at the same level of tuition, prior to April 30. The deposit and tuition can be fully applied to the 2019 festival year should an emergency prevent you from attending in 2018. The tuition is non-refundable May 1st and following.
Participants will be housed in hotels near the city center, within 5-10′ walking distance of the festival venue. In most cases, breakfast is included; however, lunch and dinner are on your own. Requests for a single room will be granted as available, and for an extra fee. 13 nights accommodation are provided, from July 8 including the final evening of July 20. Participants arriving before, or departing after these dates will need to make other arrangements.
Additional Application Materials
• ONE work of any instrumentation/length, for evaluation only.
• live, unedited recordings of TWO solo contrasting works; any style/period.
• Video of two conducted performances; pieces should be of contrasting styles, and one must feature a modern-to-contemporary work.