Fees: all prices include accommodation
• $2,000 = full tuition
• $1,700 = tuition per person if applying as a performing duo
• $1,500 = tuition per person if applying as a performing ensemble (three or more players)
• $700 = guest (no tuition; concerts free)
Not Covered In Tuition
Meals, airfare, passport fees, transportation to/from the festival, activities/entertainment during scheduled free periods, laundry, phone charges, supplementary maid service, any meals/hotel/transport due to airline scheduling, train strike, delays, etc.
• $500 non-refundable tuition deposit by February 7th for composers, or subsequent date as notified by the festival. Two weeks following individual acceptance notification for performers and conductors
• remainder of balance due as specified, prior to April 15, 2017
• refunds will only be issued if another participant is found to take your place. Tuition can be fully applied to 2018 should an emergency prevent you from attending in 2017. No refunds will be issued after April 15, 2017.
Participants are housed in the Casa Emmaus; a retreat complex within five minutes walking of festival facilities and the lake. Apartments are shared (1-2 roommates) with shared bath. Available evenings of June 25 to July 7 only; participants arriving before, or departing after these dates will need to make arrangements for additional accommodation. Kitchens with cooking/eating utensils and refrigerators/ovens are included in accommodation.
All tuition deposits of $500 are non-refundable, and reserve an individual’s participation in the festival. After April 15 refunds of the remaining tuition paid, minus the deposit, will only be issued if another participant is found to take your place. Tuition can be fully applied to 2018 should an emergency prevent you from attending in 2017. No refunds will be issued after April 15, 2017.
Additional Application Materials
• ONE work of any instrumentation/length, for evaluation only.
email score (pdf) and midi or mp3 recording of the piece.
• live, unedited recordings of TWO solo contrasting works; any style/period.
submit recordings or links via email [mp3, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, etc).
• Video of two conducted performances; pieces should be of contrasting styles, and one must feature a modern-to-contemporary work. Links to video via YouTube, Vimeo, etc. are preferred.
If you experience problems submitting mp3 files to the festival email address, we suggest using a free file-sharing service, such as wetransfer.com